Support Workers £12.25 ph
CURRENT UK RESIDENCE AND A FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE IS ESSENTIAL FOR THIS JOB ROLE
Seeking Support Workers in the Horncastle, Louth, Mablethorpe and surrounding areas. EMCAS has been formed by a team of qualified and experienced Ambulance Service personnel that are still actively working for Ambulance Service providers today. Our management team have the expertise to support our Support Workers in the community. The managers at EMCAS are not afraid to get involved with the care side of the company and are often covering calls in which the Support Worker would otherwise be attending. All of our service users are allocated a minimum of 30-minute call times and our Support Workers are given plenty of time to travel between calls. Majority of our Support Worker calls are between 2-8 hours in duration. You will be providing assistance to people who have additional support needs and may have ongoing mental health and/or physical disabilities.
The Support Worker role with EMCAS would see a number of benefits:
- £12.25 ph
- Block Pay (Paid Travel Time)
- Fuel Cards to cover working fuel costs
- 24/7 Access to a telephone GP Service
- PPE and Uniform provided by us.
- Training and Career Development
- Retail Discount Card
EMCAS is committed to providing outstanding quality of care, we take a person-centred approach with all of our service-users and except nothing short of excellence from our employees. In doing so we are able to uphold our core values and produce a service like no other within our communities.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Personal care such as washing, shaving, bathing, and showering, dental care, toilet care and assistance including that of menstrual and continence needs, assisting with dressing and undressing when required.
- Assisting and administering medications in line with the service users care plan and prescribed medication administration record.
- Supporting the service user with the preparation of meals, eating, and drinking and where required record fluid and nutrition charts as specified in the care plan. In some cases, meals will be cooked and prepared for them.
- Providing safe moving and handling of people care to support the service user’s movement around their property and sleeping areas.
- Undertaking household chores such as making beds/changing linen, emptying the bin, washing pots, and maintaining a safe and hygienic living environment.
- Engaging the service user in stimulating conversation and supporting their social needs by encouraging daily mind engaging activities. You may also be asked to take the service user out into public places such as shopping and leisure activities.
- Providing support and assistance to the Care Worker or Senior Carer at times when a double up crew is required.
- Ensuring that all care activity is recorded on to the Care App
- Informing the Duty On-Call of any safeguarding concerns in line with EMCAS policy.
- Adhere to all EMCAS policies and procedures and work within the scope of practice of the job role.
Skills and Qualifications:
- The care Certificate (or be willing to work towards achieving it within the stipulated 12 weeks)
- Safe handling and Administration of Medication.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Well spoken English Language skills
- Good listening skills
- Able to work individually or part of a team.
- Kind, compassionate, empathetic, and have a genuine caring nature.
Experience in a previous role similar to this one is desirable
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £12.00 per hour
To apply for this role, click this link